Monday 8 September 2014

Life in the newsroom: expectation vs. reality - Muck Rack

I was 13 when I decided I would become a journalist.

Why? I wanted to make an impact, to inspire the masses. I wanted to change the world.

Was I naïve? Maybe. But even on the first day of J-School, I remember chills running down my spine as my professor stood before 400 would-be journalists commissioning us to go into the world and make a difference. We were inspired. We had dreams of how it would be. Some turned out to be true, others still might – and some certainly won't. Adjusting to the reality of working in such a dynamic, changing field takes time. But with so much to love, making the shift is well worth the effort.


muckrack.com/daily/2014/09/04/life-in-the-newsroom-expectation-vs-reality

No comments:

Post a Comment